A process designed to eliminate potential problem areas for Blower Door Testing.
- Windows and Doors- Low pressure foam applied between framing members and window and door frames
- Electrical Receptacles- Low pressure foam applied to seal boxes from wall cavities
- Baseplates/Top plates- Caulking applied to wall/floor connections and joints between wall top plates
- Exterior Penetrations- Plumbing, electrical, and mechanical penetrations through the building exterior
- Bonds- Low pressure foam applied to top and bottom seams where joists meet the building exterior.
- A Blower Door Test measures the leakage area of a structure.
- All of these small gaps add up quickly and can make the house fail if there are too many.
- There are few things you can do if failure isn't avoided. Plan ahead.